Banana, pumpkin & cinnamon loaf
This loaf is delicious served straight from the oven with a piping hot cup of tea….The kids like it in their lunch boxes too. The sweetness comes from the bananas, so it’s important that they are very ripe. Nutritious ingredients provide slow release energy making this an ideal breakfast on the run or pre workout snack.
makes 2 small loaves
Olive Oil for greasing
180ml Olive oil
340g very ripe banana
2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten
1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt, crushed
370g fresh pumpkin, grated
3 cups minus 1½ tablespoons wholemeal flour
1½ tablespoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 180oC. Line 2 small loaf tins with baking paper and grease with olive oil.
- Combine banana, eggs, cinnamon and salt in Thermomix or food processor and process until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and chop on speed 6 for 3 seconds.
- Mix in the oil on reverse speed.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix again until combined.
- Spoon into tins and bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and leave it in for 5 more minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- This loaf freezes well whole or sliced.