Malaysian cook class & banquet Fri 16 June 6pm
Expert Cook, Chinese-born Malaysian Lisa Liu is our guest chef for today's authentic Malaysian cooking experience.
In this 3 - 3½ hour cooking class....
you will cook
- Nasi Lemak with sliced cucumber, roast peanut & boiled egg
- Achar (delicious pickled vegetables)
- Prawn Sambal,
- Ikan Bilis,
- Nonya Chicken curry with star anise, cinnamon & curry leaves and
- Fragrant Coconut rice
You will learn
- all about Malaysian flavours and ingredients
- Flavour combining
- food preparation techniques
- about pickling
You will eat
- all of the above, banquet style, at the dining table with your new friends
You will take home
- the recipes for all of the dishes
- the kitchen skills and confidence to replicate the dishes at home
You will NOT
- wash the dishes or clean the kitchen
The wonderful Lisa Liu is treating us to an afternoon of delicious, authentic Malaysian cooking. Lisa learnt to cook on her Grandma's lap in Kuala Lumpur and brings to the table a warm generosity of spirit and a wicked sense of humour. Lisa runs classes of her own under the Cooking Club Brisbane brand. The dishes we've selected are bursting with flavour and fresh produce. Book in now with some friends for a wonderful cooking and dining experience.
"I cook like my por-por. Each meal is a gift to my family, my guests, my friends and I love cooking for them so we reunite over the meal and enjoy each others company. My meals are always shared, in the traditional Asian way." Lisa Liu
Mix of demo and hands on.
Minimum numbers apply.