Tuesday 7 January - WAITLIST ONLY - Recipe Treasury for beginners & young people leaving home - 10am -1pm
This class is perfect for those who need some good basic cooking knowledge and kitchen skills. No matter what your age, if you need some solid recipe foundations, this is the class for you. We take 4 basic wholesome staple recipes and streeeeeeetch them into multiple mouth watering options; This class is fabulous for anyone who wants to start cooking their own delicious dinners.
- Napoli sauce - classic Italian tomato sauce (the base for all of the tomato pasta sauces including Puttanesca & Arabiatta). Ladel it over your ricotta and spinach cannelloni, cook it down further and smear it on your pizza bases. Cook your mussels, prawns or fish in it. Smother Napoli on some grilled polenta, toss in some olives, eggplant and herbs for a delicious vegetarian option or some pork and beef meatballs for the classic meatballs in tomato sauce.
- Bechamel sauce - the classic french white sauce used in mornays - salmon, chicken & mushroom, tuna & asparagus,
- Beautifully baked vegetables - delicious with a roast but also very versatile as a main meal tossed in a salad, added to a risotto or a beautiful cannelloni
- Cook the perfect chicken breast ....and dress it to perfection with a lemon garlic sauce or dust it with sumac and thyme. Make the perfect chicken sandwich or make it the centrepiece for that gorgeous summer salad.
- Each participant selects their own mornay base and there will be several applications for each of the classic recipes.Upon conclusion of cooking, you all sit down and enjoy your delicious feast.